METHODOLOGY AND REPORTING CRITERIA
Independent and certified reporting to guarantee the transparent management of public and private funding
The EcoMuvi protocol was created to receive inspection certificates exclusively from Accredia ISO 17020 accredited conformity assessment bodies for ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
Introduction and aim
EcoMuvi promotes the prevention and reduction of the impact of audiovisual sets, defining criteria to assess and certify the production’s performance rate in regards to an all-encompassing array of sustainability targets. EcoMuvi is applied to obtain a certificate of inspection issued by a third-party Accredia accredited independent assessment body.
Fields of application
The protocol aims at evaluating, measuring, and certifying all sustainability criteria in the phases of pre-production, shooting, and post-production.
EcoMuvi is applicable to audiovisual projects of varying scale and complexity: feature films as well as tv shows, documentaries, short movies, advertorials, music videos, and more, both in Italy and abroad. In order to ensure a concrete and viable methodology for all professionals, EcoMuvi identifies a streamlined workflow for agile projects -such as short movies and documentaries – with essential items to follow and others to discard.
Technical & regulatory references
- BS 8909 Specification for a sustainability management system for film.
- ISO 20121 Sistemi di gestione sostenibile degli eventi – requisiti e guida per l’uso.
- Defra Report: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, nella versione corrente all’atto della certificazione
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI 204-301-302-303-305-306), nella versione corrente all’atto della certificazione
Download the protocol structure to read in detail the actions and criteria on which the design, reduction, and certification of the impact of the set are based.
The PEF System groups all actions to be implemented, as they are found divided in the protocol, by their macro-thematic categories
- Management system
- Use of resources: resource management, acquisition and recovery
- Waste management
- Energy consumption
- GHG emissions
All targets and action points are evaluated by the audit team of the certification body according to the following scale:
- 0 = unsatisfactory
- 1 = satisfactory
- 2 = highly satisfactory
- NA = not applicable (based on project type i.e. animal protection when none are involved)
Scores and Logos
25% - 79% PEF achieved
80% - 100% PEF achieved